Snæfellsnes – 4 days, 3 nights
Winter Aurora and Ice Adventure
Out of the ordinary landscape
Frozen waterfalls and . . .
Northern lights shimmering
Other kind of view
Snæfellsnes – 4 days, 3 nights Winter Aurora and
Ice Adventure Photo Workshop tour
Feel free to send your request about availability and questions
to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call:+354 897 2108
Rafn Sig,- is well known freelance Icelandic photographer who have
focused on the raw nature and landscape since he was a young boy.
He has been hiking in the Icelandic highlands and low lands all his live
and knows the nature and the hidden spots like a true native.
The thrill of witnessing the Aurora Borealis is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for many. No words or images could ever do real justice to the Aurora.
It is, to my mind, one of Mother Nature’s most spectacular natural phenomena, if not the most spectacular. Some, get hooked and can never get enough of the blazing colors in the sky and come year after year.
You should witness it for yourself so you know what I’m talking about .
We will head to Snæfellsnes Peninsula with focus on the National Park area with spectacular glaciered mountains and volcanic peaks, stunning fjords, countless waterfalls and salmon rivers, dramatic sea cliffs and rock formation, charming fishing villages dotting the coastlines, lush valleys and lava fields. Snaefellsness is considered a miniature Iceland as it provides a sampler of what the whole country offers best.
The itinerary will be flexible and adjusted to weather and aurora activity to make the most out of the tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- A digital camera, preferably a DSLR camera. A compact camera can be used, as long as you understand its limitations.
- A sturdy tripod. That is a definite must in Iceland’s windy conditions. A flimsy tripod will simply prevent you from being able to shoot most of the time.
- Recommended: an ultra-wide angle lens. For example, 17-40 on a FF sensor camera, or a 10-24 on a crop sensor camera.
- Recommended: a wide aperture ultra-wide angle such with f/2.8 for night photography.
- Recommended: a telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 or 70-300. Doesn’t have to have a wide aperture or a stabilizer – an f/4 is more than enough.
- Recommended: A filter set for landscape photography. I personally use Lee filters. A good filter set is worth its weight in gold for a landscape enthousiast. If you need to consult about buying a filter set, I’ll be happy to help.
- Recommended: A camera remote.
- Full thermal gear is absolutely essential. I typically wear a thick thermal base layer, a heavy fleece coat and a down coat.
- Good quality warm gloves. It’s important to use gloves which enable you to operate the camera while wearing them.
- Thermal long-johns
- Water resistant trousers (preferably thermal)
- Thermal socks. I recommend bringing at least 2-3 pairs.
- A neck-warmer or a scarf
- An alpine mask to cover the face
- A good warm hat which covers your ears. Otherwise, they’ll simply fall off!
- Water-proof, thermal, knee-high rubber boots.
- Ice spikes are MANDATORY to protect yourself from slipping on icy surfaces.
If you want to stop on the way to take pictures. Then we stop with a smile.
Dates: 4 days 3 nights
You pick the starting date
Price: (pr. person)
for 2 – 3 persons
From 358.000 ISK*
For reservations following policies apply:
Deposit: 63.000 ISK / 565 USD on booking nonrefundable
Payment in full 90 days prior to the tour starting date.
Cancelation and Refound
Pick-up and drop-off:
Keflavík Airport or your Hotel in Reykjavík – Keflavík
Photographic touring and guidance.
Accommodation in hotels and guesthouses. Double rooms with private bathrooms.
Transportation with Super Jeep Pickup Truck
Flights to/from Iceland
Lunsch / Dinner
Alcohol, snacks and beverages
The tour depends on weather conditions, as the Icelandic weather changes rapidly. Northern Lights are likely to be seen in September through April, but it depends on the forecast and weather conditions.
Minimum number of participants: 2
Cooperation with Gunnarshólmi Guesthouse Travel Agency
Private package tour price is based on double occupancy)*
* Private tour price is flexible and depends on the level of accommodation and inclusions you choose.